Prior to coming to your appointment, there are a few things you should know
Plan to allow for healing time of your procedure(s). Your procedure will heal topically in 7-10 days, and complete healing will occur in 4-6 weeks.
* You should plan on avoiding direct sunlight and tanning beds for a few days.
* No swimming in public areas, including pools, hot tubs, lakes, and ocean for 10 days following your procedure(s).
* You should have all your outdoor chores done, you will be advised to stay away from any dust/dirt. This can infect the procedure area and cause your procedure to not heal properly. You do not want any bacteria getting in and infecting the areas.
You will be sent home with an aftercare package with instructions and sterile items needed for your specific procedure(s).
Listed below are some specifics for all procedures, and then recommendations for specific procedures.
Any blood thinners should be stopped 1 week prior to procedure. If you have any specific questions, please ask your doctor. Here is a list of sample items:
* Vitamin E Oil
* Primrose Oil
* If you wear contacts, they will need to be taken out for the procedure and cannot be put back in until the following day. A new mascara will be needed.
* No eyelash curlers for 7 days following procedure.
* If you have had any type of eye surgery, including cataract, lasik, and blepharoplasty, you must consult your physician and get clearance. Most physicians require 2-9 months before you can have your eyeliner done. This is because there is slight pressure on the eye during the procedure.
* No waxing/threading for 10 days after procedure.
* No Botox for 10 days after procedure
* If you have had Botox, there is a MINIMUM wait period of 2 weeks. Then a consultation is required to determine the status of your brows. There could be up to a 4 month wait period.
* If you have ever had even one cold sore, you will need antiviral medicine. A 10 day course is recommended. Start taking it 3 days prior to procedure, and then 7 days following. Your physician or dentist can prescribe this.
* Any lip surgery or fillers will need to be given clearance prior to the procedure. Most physicians give a 3 week ok after filler or Restylane. It is possible to have poor color retention in lips that have had collagen injections within 6 months, and within a year of Restylane. There is the risk of pigment migration along the lip line if you have had Restylane.
* If you have had a lip implant, it is best to wait 6 months.
Any Botox treatment will require up to a 4 month wait , with a minimum of 2 weeks, on any procedure associated with the location of treatment. Bring a statement from where you had the treatment done, with the date of treatment on the form. The tattoo has to be done to the area in its natural state.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call! We want you fully prepared prior to your procedure!